Director of children's discipleship sought at First UMC in Topeka
First UMC in Topeka, Kansas is looking for a director of children's discipleship. This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and administrating all aspects of our children’s ministry programs for newborns through elementary school. In performing all duties, this position should be mindful of our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Love of children and strong personal faith
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational ability and time management skills
- Previous experience with children’s ministry program is preferred
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be Safe Gatherings certified (or certified before beginning position)
- Support and encourage children and parents in their faith development.
- Work closely with the children’s ministry team by maintaining frequent and on-going communication through consultations, dialogue and regular meetings.
- Presence at, and coordination of, the Sunday morning children’s ministries programs, including:
- Recruitment and training of Sunday school teachers, assistants, substitutes and other personnel, ensuring that all teaching/assistant positions are filled each week.
- Research, selection, ordering and distribution of Sunday School curriculum/teaching materials and support of volunteers in the use of these materials.
- Oversight of supplies needed, purchased, and distributed.
- Coordination and management of special programs such as summer vacation Bible school or other children’s ministry events.
- Initiating and implementing recognition and appreciation of all children’s ministry volunteers.
- Administration of the children’s ministries budget and exercising proper stewardship over children’s ministry funds.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, representing and reporting as children’s ministry liaison.
- Develop and maintain a tracking database of children, parents and teachers for each age level.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Compensation: Available upon request or at time of interview.
Send resume and cover letter to Beth Evans, assistant to the lead pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org.