First UMC in Wichita seeks director of facilities
First UMC in Wichita, is seeking a director of facilities. This is a full-time, salaried position with 40+ hours per week. The facilities director of First UMC will direct and supervise custodial, maintenance and security activities within the facility and train volunteers and custodial staff.
Qualities, skills, experience, education:
- Troubleshoot and maintain all utilities, manage relationships with vendors and supervise up-keep of buildings, grounds and motor pool.
- Work with staff/volunteers to coordinate programming requiring the use of facility, security, set-up and cleaning within the facility.
- Solid interpersonal relationship, computer, communication (both oral and written) and leadership skills as well as the ability to nurture relationships with both staff and members of the congregation.
- Proven ability and experience supervising staff successfully and promoting a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Manage budget and effectively produce ongoing improvement and cost savings.
- Minimum five years of experience in facility maintenance/custodial management or a similar discipline.
- Good mechanical/electrical/plumbing knowledge and abilities, along with a general understanding of custodial methods.
- The ability to work with a diverse, downtown population.
- $15-$17 /hr during training period with current director of facilities
Contact the church to apply.