Mound City UMC seeks part-time youth leader
Mound City (Kansas) UMC is looking for a part-time youth leader who is energetic, enthusiastic and can teach youth a better understanding of Christ. This is a newly created position and the candidate will develop a creative program that will engage youth and present opportunities to make new disciples of unchurched youth in the community.
Hours per week and compensation
- Work with pastor and worship/education committee to develop a creative youth ministry program that will be aligned with the theology of the United Methodist Church.
- Build relationships with youth and their families through direct conversation and engaging with families in a variety of settings, including those outside of the church such as youth sporting events, community programs and school events.
- Communicate regularly to youth, parents, church staff and the congregation.
- Have a desire to invest in the community with the ability to inspire and lead by positive example.
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight.
- For the protection of youth, candidate must be Safe Gatherings certified or certified before beginning youth leader position.
- Attend worship service each Sunday to deliver children's sermon and develop a relationship with youth and congregation.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Youth leader will be evaluated after a three-month period by SPPR committee .
- 12 to 15 hours per week
- Salary up to $12,000 per year depending on experience and hours worked.
Please email all of the following to Bill Leavitt at email@example.com
- Cover letter with your qualifications for this position
- Names, email addresses and phone numbers of three professional references