Texas Conference seeks director of communications
The mission of the Texas Conference is to equip congregations to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world to the glory of God. The culture of the conference is one of collaboration across departments to serve the local church to provide leadership, education and support for both laity and clergy. This environment encourages creativity and accountability. the conference office operates on a four-day work week that provides opportunity toward work/life balance.
Under the supervision of the assistant to the bishop, the director of communications provides visionary leadership to a team of communicators who collaboratively convey the Texas Conference faith story through media practices that empower and equip local churches, ministries and conference leaders to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Salary is $60,000-$80,000, depending on experience and education
Key responsibilities include:
Successful candidates will have:
- Recruit, direct and supervise the performance of the associate director of journalism, associate director of media, social media team and other contracted staff as needed
- Oversee identification and development of content for print, web and electronic communications; final edit of enewsletter; web site assessments and the journal production process, among other related duties
- During times of crisis, serve as consultant to internal spokespersons and serve as a media liaison when directed by the bishop or the assistant to the bishop
View more information and a full job description
- Knowledge of communication processes, tools and technology
- Excellent communication skills as demonstrated through oral, written and visual presentation
- Ability to think creatively
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com
by April 6, 2017.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check.