Topeka First UMC seeks director of congregational care
Director of Congregational Care
Topeka First United Methodist Church
600 SW Topeka Blvd.
The Director of Congregational Care works half-time to help fulfill the purpose of Topeka First UMC. This person is responsible for the implementation and oversight of systems that allow the laity to provide care for members and friends in times of need. This person will work alongside the Lead Pastor and the directors of various age level ministries to ensure that people at all stages of life receive the care of Christ’s love through connection with the church. In performing all duties, this position should be mindful of our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- A four year college degree.
- A high level of spiritual maturity.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team.
- Above average organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to equip and inspire volunteers, think and plan long-term.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Safe Gatherings certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Provide Congregational Care through the recruitment, training and recognition of volunteers to carry out ministry responsibilities. Care for volunteers through emails, recognition in weekly newsletter, and during worship services.
- Complete Stephen Ministry Training. Coordinate grief ministry with the other Stephen Ministry Leaders.
- Provide Health Promotions directly and through the coordination of volunteers.
- Be acquainted with community resources (including Online) and refer parishioners to the resources as needed.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, including worship and lunch.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
FLSA Classification - Non-exempt
Send resume and cover letter to Beth Evans, Assistant to the Lead Pastor