Summer College Internships and Programs
Have you dreamed about how God might use you to change the world this summer?
Check out these opportunities on how you can make a difference, explore leadership, and spend a ‘summer of service’ that you will remember for a lifetime!
Internship Roles and Expectations
Role of Summer Internships with the Great Plains Conference:
To identify and explore how God is calling you in the world through hands-on experiences in ministry
We will do this by:
- Exposing you to excellent ministry work and leaders
- Developing you leadership and ministry gifts through interaction
- Give you equal opportunities to lead and be led. Duties will be chosen to give you opportunities to manage the details of programming and also to practice ministry
- Helping you grow in knowledge, faith and maturity within the ministry setting
As a Great Plains Summer Intern, you will:
- Serve in an area of interest and be given specific job responsibilities and goals
- Have weekly meetings with supervisor and group for planning, feedback and spiritual formation
- Participate in a group orientation session at the beginning and end of your internship
- Build community with fellow interns and clarify vocational discernment
- Provide a short reflection paper at the conclusion of the summer that summarizes your experiences and articulates the status on how God is calling you in the world
- Preferred candidates will have completed high school or have at least one year of post-high school work experience
- Be Safe Gatherings Certified
- The Safe Gatherings certification can be done during the application process. See application for details.
- Will work full-time for a total of 10 weeks over the summer.
Applications and interviews for Great Plains Internships take place in at least three rounds.
- January 21: first application deadline
- January 22-25: first round interviews
- February 18: second application deadline
- February 18-23: second round interviews
- March 18: third application deadline
- March 19-23: third round interviews
Applications received after March 24 will be interviewed on a rolling basis until the teams are full. We look forward to receiving your application.
Opening Retreat: May 29 - May 31
Each intern will earn about $3000 for approximately 10 weeks.
Learn about connecting your faith with social justice and practice leadership skills by visiting, researching and presenting key social justice topics throughout the Great Plains.
Explore youth ministry in a local church by being mentored and assisting leadership of a youth ministry throughout the summer.
Explore your gifts in ministry through serving full-time in a local church, mentoring by a pastor and sharing in various aspects of pastoral leadership throughout the summer.
Spend the summer guiding students in an intentional community and throughout camp creation. Students range from first grade through high school seniors. Choose to spend the summer at one of six camps.
Apply now to be a part of one of the six Great Plains camps' summer staff in 2018.