United Methodist Women
Turning Faith, Hope and Love into Action
United Methodist Women is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leadership, and advocating for justice.
We are The Great Plains United Methodist Women!
We officially became the Great Plains United Methodist Women on January 1, 2014. On that date the United Methodist Women of Nebraska, Kansas East and Kansas West officially united to become the Great Plains Conference United Methodist Women. We have approximately 27,000 members. Click here to find out more about The Great Plains Conference United Methodist Women.
Items that appear in blue on this home page are clickable and will take you directly to that information/email. You can reach this home page directly by typing the URL www.greatplainsumc.org/umw into your browser. Take a look around the site. If you have questions, comments or items that need to be included on our web page, email Esther Hay.
On this page you will find information about the following...
Items that appear in blue are clickable and will take you directly to that information/email.
- 2016 Great Plains Conference Leadership Team
- 2017 Great Plains Conference Leadership Team
- 2017 Great Plains Conference UMW Dates
- Thank You for Giving
- Congratulations to our new South Central Jurisdiction Officers and our National Program Advisory Group Members
- New National United Methodist Women's Officers and Committee Chairs for 2016-2020
- 2017 Standing Rules
- Great Plains Conference UMW Library
- Midwest Distribution Center
- Links to Other Sites/Resources
Conference Leadership Team
2017 Great Plains Conference UMW Dates
Registration Deadline: February 1, 2017
Destination: Chicago, Illinois
For women ages 15-20
We did it again! We exceeded our Pledge to Mission in in 2015! Way to go Great Plains United Methodist Women!!!
Thanks to each and every member of United Methodist Women in the Great Plains Conference for your faithful and generous giving. Through your giving, you have reached out to the hungry, the homeless, the outcast and ministered to them. You have helped feed, clothe, provide shelter and make a better life for women, children and youth throughout the world. You have made a difference! Together, we make it happen!
The Great Plains is honored to have two of our own members serving on the SCJ Leadership Team for the 2016-2020 Quadrennium. Charlotte Morrow is the SCJ President and Louise Niemann is the Chair of the SCJ Committee on Nominations. They were elected at the South Central Jurisdiction Meeting in April. Congratulations Charlotte and Louise!
The Great Plains is also honored to have Rose Roberts selected by the National Organization Committee on Nominations to serve as a member of the Program Advisory Group Member for the 2016-2020 Quadrennium. As SCJ President, Charlotte Morrow also serves on the Program Advisory Group.
- President: Shannon Priddy (Indiana Conference)
- Vice President and Chair of Planning and Assessment Committee: Clara Ester (Alabama West Florida Conference)
- Secretary: Cindy Saufferer (Minnesota Conference)
- Chairperson of Governance Committee: Gail Douglas-Boykin (New York Conference)
- Chairperson of Finance Committee: Estella Wallace (Pacific Northwest Conference)
Great Plains UMW Standing Rules
The Library includes the books from the current United Methodist Women’s Reading Program (2011-2016).
While the physical location of the Library is in Lincoln, Nebraska, the services of the Library are available for all United Methodist Women in the Great Plains Conference, no matter where you live.
Here’s how you can participate…
To avoid sending you books you have already read, you are asked to submit a list of the books you have already read. The books from the Library will be mailed to you. Since books are coming and going all the time, the books you are sent are selected from those books that are on the shelves at the time of your order. Orders generally range from 4 to 10 books. You can request the books for two months with a renewal extension offered. Your responsibility/cost is to pay for postage to and from the library. Even with the increased cost of postage, it is still a bargain plus you don’t have to find a place to keep all those Reading Program books in your house or church.
If you happen to be in Lincoln on Thursday mornings between 9:00 and 11:00 AM (except holidays), you come to the library in person at Christ UMC, 4530 "A" Street in Lincoln, Nebraska.
To learn more, contact our Conference Librarian, Mary Ann Bede by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 402-421-8264. We will gladly make a plan that works for you and the library.
The Conference UMW Library is a great tradition for our readers. United Methodist Women and their predecessor organizations have benefited from the services of our Library since 1940.
Join us and let’s get reading!
- March 27-31, 2017
- October 23-27, 2017
You too can experience MMDC by picking a trip date and make a non-refundable deposit of $20. The leader of our Great Plains trips is Teena Faubel. Call 402-217-3775 or email at email@example.com for answers to your questions.The treasurer for the trips will be Mary Ann Bede. Send your $20 non-refundable deposit to her at 7240 Carmen Drive, Lincoln, NE 68516 or call with questions to 402-421-8264. The cost of the supply fee, the housing fee, food at the dorm, office supplies and travel tends to be around $200.00. Many women receive part of this cost from their local unit.
- United Methodist Women National Website
- Mission Resource Center
- Della Lamb National Mission Institution, Kansas City, KS
- Epworth Village National Mission Institution, York, NE
- United Methodist Ministries National Mission Institution, Omaha, NE
- New World Outlook Online Magazine
- Response Online Magazine - click on News on the Orange Bar and response magazine on the gray dropdown bar
- National UMW Online - click on the Green Online Icon
- National UMW Facebook Page
- South Central Jurisdiction Facebook Page
- South Central Jurisdiction website - Information about meeting in Oklahoma City in April 2016.
Click here to visit our Great Plains Conference UMW Facebook page.
Click here to visit the National United Methodist Women Pinterest online clipboard.