2017-2021 GP UMW Standing Rules, Addendum to Standing Rules, GP UMW Policies and Procedures
and 2017-2020 United Methodist Women Handbook
(Scroll to bottom of page for attached documents)
At our Annual Meeting in York, NE, September 30, 2017, we approved the Standing Rules for 2017-2021. Any major changes to the Standing Rules typically occur following the General Conference of the United Methodist Church, which will occur in 2020 following which National United Methodist Women publishes a new United Methodist Women Handbook. So, we anticipate that any major changes to the Great Plains Standing Rules would occur following the issue of the new Handbook in 2021. This will give the Standing Rules Committee time to review the new Handbook and make any needed changes so that they can be published and adopted at the 2021 GP Conference UMW Annual Meeting.
Any Great Plains United Methodist Women Standing Rules, Addendum to Standing Rules, and Policies and Procedures must be in harmony with the Constitution and Bylaws and the Finance Policies and Direction found in the United Methodist Women Handbook 2017-2020.
Documents that Local, District and Conference United Methodist Women in the Great Plains will need to be familiar with and use are the following:
- United Methodist Women Handbook 2017-2020---"Constitution and Bylaws". - Section 6 of the Handbook - information for local, district and conference United Methodist Women if found in this Section; "Funding the Mission: Finance Policies and Directions" - Section 5 of the Handbook - information for local, district and conference United Methodist Women.
- Great Plains Conference United Methodist Women Standing Rules 2017-2021---The conference Standing Rules are now in the same order as the Constitution and Bylaws making it easier to find and use the pertinent information in all of the documents.
- Great Plains Conference United Methodist Women Addendum to the Standing Rules 2017-2021... Leaders Roles and Responsibilities/Committee Functions. The current United Methodist Women Handbook only contains the roles and responsibilities for the leaders and committees that are required at all levels (local, district, conference, jurisdiction) of United Methodist Women. It does not contain the roles and responsibilities for other leaders and committees that our conference has such as our Journey Teams. The Addendum gives the information for the additional Great Plains Conference United Methodist Women leaders and committees. These can be adapted to use at the district and local levels.
- Great Plains Conference United Methodist Women Policies & Procedures were adopted by the Leadership Team at its meeting in July 2017.
Changes to the Standing Rules, Addendum to the Standing Rules, and Policies and Procedures
- Changes can be made to the Great Plains Conference documents.
- Any changes to the documents must be reviewed by the Standing Rules Committee. In order to do that, changes/corrections need to be submitted to the Chairperson of the Standing Rules Committee a minimum of 60 days prior to the designated meeting in order for the changes/corrections to be reviewed and published 30 days in advance of the designated meeting.
- If you have proposed changes or corrections to the documents, please contact the Chairperson of the Standing Rules Committee, citing the page number and line number of your proposed change. E-mail proposed changes or corrections to Esther Hay.
- Policies & Procedures AND Addendum to the Standing Rules may be changed by the Leadership Team at its Summer Meeting.
- Standing Rules may be changed by the membership at the Annual Meeting of the Great Plains Conference United Methodist Women.