At the Threshold: Mental Health Check-in
Seanne Larson Emmerton, a licensed marriage and family therapist and licensed independent mental health provider who comes from a long line of United Methodists, including circuit riders has a special interest in spirituality and health. Her specialties are relationships, trauma and resilience using positive psychology and a strength-based model.
Seanne shared some resources that might be helpful in this season in the life of the church. They are listed below:
- The Universal Christ, by Richard Rohr
- The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion: freeing yourself from destructive thoughts and emotions, by Christopher K. Germer, PhD.
- Mindset, by Carol S. Dweck, PhD.
- Faithful and Fractured: responding to the clergy health crisis, by Rae Jean Proeschold-Bell and Jason Byassee
- Breathing Underwater: spirituality and the twelve steps, Richard Rohr
Download a mental-health handout.
- Life Together Apart, a 7 week free “course” inviting us to navigate the unsettled season https://lifetogetherapart.katebowler.com/
- Pete Scazzero’s ministry, Emotionally Healthy Discipleship, has a treasure trove of resources (many free). Check out specifically his podcasts since March 17. He’s navigating this season with us and has very relevant teachings www.emotionallyhealthy.org
- Amplify Media is producing a series of webinars called “Now and Next” that are free and also available on-demand. Join an upcoming one or browse those that have been held. https://amplifymedia.com/nowandnext/
- Ruth Haley Barton shares some free resources to nurture your soul as a leader. Check out these Reflections and sign up for a free resource to take a deeper look at your own soul: https://transformingcenter.org/ruth-haley-barton-blog/
The audio player...
Loading the player ...
Need to download the file?
Right-click (control-click on a Mac) the link and choose "Save Link As..." to save the audio file to your computer
The downloadable link to the file