The most powerful partnerships are cultivated by leaders that pray. Author John C. Maxwell, in his book “Partners in Prayer” (also available in Spanish, “Compañeros de Oración”), offers a guide for how we can pray for others, especially those who we partner with in ministry. Following Paul’s words from Colossians 1:9-12, Maxwell gives us six straight-forward points to guide us.
Pray that they know God's will for their lives.
- Colossians.1:9 “…We have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,”
Pray that they would do God's will in their lives.
- Colossians 1:10a “…so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way…”
Pray for productivity in their lives.
- Colossians 1:10b “…bearing fruit in every good work,”
Pray for them to have a growing relationship with God.
- Colossians 1:10c “…growing in the knowledge of God,”
Pray for power in their lives.
- Colossians 1:11 “being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,”
Pray for them to have a right attitude.
- Colossians 1:11 “and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.”
Great Plains Hispanic Ministry has begun a project which will develop a network of praying partners over the coming years. This is priority. Our dream is that by coming together to form partnerships, we will see more open doors, shortened paths and accelerated processes for Hispanic Ministry. Our reality today is one of too many closed doors, long and tedious paths toward strengthening and multiplying ministries with Hispanic/Latinos. Prayer and partnerships can change that. You and I can change that together.
Would you and your church partner with Hispanic Ministry? There are opportunities for committed partners to gather for fellowship, learning and prayer over the coming months. Please see the attached graphic announcing the “Partners Prayer Breakfasts” as well as clicking here to connect with us on Facebook.