Director of music ministries needed at Louisburg UMC
Louisburg United Methodist Church - Connecting People, Cultivating Faith, Celebrating Community
Director of Music Ministries Primary Job Description
The director of music ministries will coordinate and lead all aspects of music in the church including preparing, directing, and performing all tasks necessary to lead music both in worship and with children and youth.
Interpersonal skills – The Director of Music Ministries must demonstrate the following abilities:
- works collaboratively as a member of the church staff
- possesses the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- productively engages and resolves interpersonal conflict
- holds others accountable in a spirit of love and acceptance
- engages people positively, with a demeanor of optimism and respect.
Team building skills – The Director of Music Ministries must demonstrate the following:
- the skill of active listening
- can create a trusting and supportive environment
- communicates vision, direction and goals of the ministries and vision of Louisburg United Methodist Church
- works well with youth and younger people to involve them in the music ministries of the church.
The director of music ministries should have the following:
- Proven ability to sing, play guitar and lead worship with excellence and passion
- Flexibility in leading different kinds of worship (traditional and contemporary)
- Prior experience and/or evidence of successful leadership, planning and supervision of music groups
- Capacity and willingness to work with, communicate with, and value all persons, regardless of age, gender ethnic or social background, family setting or life situation
- Ability to work with youth and children to incorporate them into the music of the church
Personal and Holiday Leave
- Lead worship service with excellence and passion
- Serve as leader of the praise band
- Recruit volunteer musicians for praise band
- Schedule and lead band rehearsals
- Coordinate with pastor in selection of music
- Communicate music ministry needs to pastor worship team
- Utilize Elvanto church management system to email worship team and appropriate church staff
- Ensure any church musical instruments associated with the praise band are properly maintained and cared for
- Work with children’s director to lead music with M&M Club children, generally on Wednesday evenings
- Add music information to services in Elvanto
- Oversee the music budget for the church
- Complete Safe Gatherings certification through the Great Plains Conference
- Use a wide variety of music, from traditional to praise and worship
- Cultivate a positive environment where youth and children can be involved with music of the church
Upon approval of pastor, the director of music ministries may be granted leave up to three Sundays per year. As a condition of the leave, the director of music ministries is responsible to obtain a replacement to lead the praise band worship service with the replacement being approved by the pastor.
The director of music ministries will receive a fixed every-other-week stipend for leading weekly rehearsals and performing at Sunday worship service(s). The specific weekly schedule shall be determined by the ongoing music requirements of the church, and the director of music ministries shall be expected to be in communication with the pastor about the music activities.
To apply, please send resume, salary requirements, and any recordings to email@example.com
Requests/concerns: HR / Pastor
Hiring, Interviewing: HR / Pastor
Termination Procedure: HR / Pastor
Travel: Mileage reimbursement for approved personal vehicle use will be made for job-related travel.
Louisburg United Methodist Church
Contact: Rev. Bradley Wheeler
249 N. Metcalf Louisburg KS 66053
Attached file(s): view file