Apply to be the director of next-generation ministries at Topeka First UMC
Topeka First United Methodist Church is a historic downtown church with a mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We pursue this mission by striving to be a community of Jesus followers who connect, grow, and serve for the good of our city.
Thus, we have:
Overview of Position
- An outward focus and many community partnerships ministries for people of all ages and abilities
- An emphasis on discipleship and fellowship in small groups
- Intentional worship services with excellent music and liturgy
- Collaborative and dynamic staff
The Director of Next-Gen Ministries is a full-time, salaried position that reports to the lead pastor and focuses on leading the church in making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world specifically with children, youth, and young adults.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead children’s, youth, and young adult ministries, ensuring that there is continuity amongst the programming for different age groups and that multiple facets of discipleship are being addressed.
- Develop and guide leadership teams of laypeople for each age group, empowering and equipping them to discern the Holy Spirit’s guidance in making and implementing decisions for their ministry area.
- Recruit and train leaders and volunteers.
- Research, choose, and implement curriculum that is age appropriate, engaging, and theologically aligned with the United Methodist Church.
- Communicate regularly with leaders, volunteers, parents, youth, and young adults about what is going on in each ministry area.
- Cultivate a culture of outreach and invitation to engage community members in each age group.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings as a part of the team.
- Participate in annual continuing education opportunities.
- Manage the budget for each ministry area and lead others in fundraising for further events and activities that exceed the budget.
- Work with the director of adult discipleship to equip parents in discipling their children and youth at home.
- Help recruit, hire, and supervise part-time age-specific implementers of ministry as programs grow and needs are assessed.
- Other duties as assigned by the lead pastor.
Compensation and Benefits
- Committed to a growing relationship with Christ
- Understanding of or commitment to learn about the United Methodist Church’s beliefs and practices
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work alone and in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working with children and/or youth
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing and speaking
- Friendly and able to create new and caring relationships quickly
- Ability to cast a vision, strategically implement steps for pursuing the vision, and inspire others to be a part of the process
- Available to work on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings
- College degree or commensurate experience
- Safe Gatherings certified within 30 days of hiring
- Compensation Range: $40,000-$43,000 based on education and experience
- Flexible schedule 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Health insurance
- Sick leave
To apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Rev. Brad Wheeler
600 SW Topeka Blvd. Topeka KS 66603
Email: Click to email