Aldersgate UMC accepting applications for student ministries director
The director of student ministries primary responsibility is to empower youth, grades 6th -12th, to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ through study, missions, small groups and activities
- Energetic and inspiring leadership for our 6th-12th grade ministries.
- Recruit youth from AUMC and the community to participate in youth ministry.
- Develop the confirmation class for middle school youth.
- Oversee the development of the youth budget and to faithfully steward these resources.
- Implement and oversee the annual youth pumpkin patch fundraiser, with the assistance of youth and parents.
- Develop and implement yearly retreats, mission trips and other events to help youth growing their relationship with Christ, sense of servant discipleship and mission.
- Lead weekly UMYF meetings and facilitate weekly Wednesday bible study for all students.
- Develop and encourage ties between the youth of AUMC and the Kansas City District and the Great Plains Annual Conference.
- Develop a student leadership team, schedules, and communicate all plans with students, parents and church office effectively.
- Facilitate and support effective adult student sponsors and mentors for healthy ministry practices and boundaries.
- Other student ministries duties as assigned.
- Public speaking to congregation about youth ministry opportunities and leading worship on occasion.
This person must have prior ministry experience or training in youth ministry. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school is preferential. This person will need to work well with others and be willing to make challenging decisions in leadership capacities. This person should also be Safe Gatherings certified and willing to maintain effective boundary training. They will need to able to utilize computer and personal skills for effective communication. They must be willing to participate in continual education opportunities. This person must also have a working knowledge of scripture, Wesleyan theology, and United Methodist doctrine.
This person should be willing to fill a half-time position, acknowledging that oftentimes both roles will intersect with one another, but to remember that there will be times in which separating the two will be essential. There is also an understanding that this person, while not always working conventional hours, will maintain a healthy time commitment to this position (i.e. evenings, special events, camps, missions). Job Type: Part-time Salary: $12,000 to $15,000/year
1 year (preferred)
Contact: Rev. Shelly McNaughten-Lawrence
15315 W 151st St. Olathe 66062