Bell choir director position open in Grand Island
The bell choir director works under the direct supervision of the senior pastor and in consultation with the pastors and the chancel choir director.
- Direct the bell choir to provide musical leadership for the 9:30 a.m. worship service once a month, from September through May, and other special holidays or services as arranged.
- Schedule and direct weekly rehearsal (September through May) and communicate schedule for rehearsals with the office staff and pastors, etc. (The time has been 8-9 p.m. on Wednesdays, but a change in time could be negotiated with the bell choir members.)
- Consult with the pastors as they plan worship to coordinate music with the worship themes, and schedule performances in cooperation with the pastors and chancel choir director.
- Contact bell choir members and recruit new members as needed.
- Manage the bell choir including selection of music, maintain music library, and order music through funds from the music budget.
This is a part-time salaried position. Because of the nature of church programming, weekend and evening work will be required and workload will be heavier at certain times of the year. The bell choir plays once a month.
Annual Salary: $1350
Contact: Rev. Kelly Karges
511 N Elm St Grand Island NE 68801