Camp Lakeside seeks camping ministry assistant
Camp Lakeside, near Scott City, Kansas, is looking for a camping ministry assist. This position will report to the director of Camp Lakeside. It is a part-time (15-20 hours per week) hourly position that pays $13 an hour. Other benefits are explained in the Great Plains Conference employee handbook.
- Experience in office procedures (i.e., filing, answering telephones, photocopying, meeting the public, etc.)
- Ability to use a word processor, accounting system, spreadsheet, and database (training will be provided for the accounting system)
- A self-starter, the ability to work unsupervised, and to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Willingness to fully participate in a Christian work environment
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, organized, patience and self-control
- Desire and ability to work in a camp setting
- Two years experience in a related field
- Flexible work schedule
- Marketing and Fundraising skills
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Safe Gatherings certification
- Oversee the operation of the camp office, particularly in the absence of the director
- Answer phones and take accurate messages
- Keep office and surrounding area clean and neat
- Sort or oversee the sorting of camp mail updating postal information as needed
- Prepare invoices, check requests and deposits. Keeping photocopies of both, make computer entries, sending originals to the director for approval and forwarded to the appropriate person within the Great Plains Conference office.
- Contact area clubs, organizations and churches to inform them about retreats and hopefully schedule those groups.
- Schedule and maintain calendar of guest groups use when needed. Maintain guest group paperwork, billings, mailings and file as needed. Setup guest group reserved service areas, hospitality packet information, and host as needed.
- Update database information for bulk mail listings for annual appeal, summer camp brochure and newsletters.
- Produce newsletter.
- Assist director in creation and facilitation of one fundraising or volunteer event per season.
- Contact churches and schedule camp Sunday worships, partnered fundraisers, and camp Wednesday’s - facilitating those events as needed by the director.
- Keep accurate records of campers, alum and former staff for use in mailings.
- Other duties as assigned.
If interested, call 620-872-2021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org