Children's and families ministry coordinator needed in Overland Park - $1,000 bonus after 6 months employment
JOB TITLE: Children’s and Family Ministries Coordinator Exempt, Part-Time
REPORTS TO: Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee
JOB SUMMARY: Provide education and outreach services to the children and youth currently involved in ministry at Indian Heights while developing new strategies to engage in the community to bring more people to Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Develop and implement programming which integrates children and youth (birth-high school) in all areas of church life including but not limited to; worship, education, retreats, fellowship, mission projects
- Provide education and childcare on Sunday mornings, using a children’s-based curriculum for expanding faith and understanding
- Coordinate and Facilitate Vacation Bible School for selected time in the summer
- Supervise nursery attendant and volunteers
- Manage the children and family’s budget
- Attend administrative board meetings as needed and staff meetings
Schedule: 10-12 hours/Week. Available evenings and weekend. Sunday mornings are required from 9 a.m.-noon. Christmas Eve and Easter are required holidays to work; Christmas morning when it falls on a Sunday. Holidays, weekends, and evenings as required.
Starting salary is $9500/year. 4 weeks paid vacation and sick time is provided per church policy. WE ARE OFFERING a $1,000 BONUS after 6 Months of Employment.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in the Indian Heights United Methodist Church guidelines
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Fulfill obligations as a mandated reporter of child abuse/neglect according to Kansas statutes.
- Fulfill obligations as a mandated reporter of elder abuse/neglect according to Kansas statutes.
- Dedicated Christian with an understanding of United Methodist theology
- Experience working with children, youth and/or young adults in a ministry setting
- Experience in marketing, development strategies and recruiting community involvement
- Excellent customer service
- Computer literacy
- Organizational skills
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Must be able to pass background checks and willing to train in Safe Gatherings
Contact: Suzette Mack
10211 Nall Avenue Overland Park KS 66207
Email: Click to email