Church of the Resurrection is hiring an accounts payable clerk
The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection, founded in 1990, with five locations across the Kansas City Metropolitan area, is seeking a highly motivated team member to come dream with us. Our staff is passionate about being used by God to change lives, strengthen churches, and transform the world. Utilize your gifts and experience to be a part of our exciting journey. We offer a competitive benefits package, including time off and a 5% retirement match for eligible participants.
Finance Specialist – Accounts Payable (36 hours, Hourly, Benefits Eligible)
- Receive, date and review all invoices for payment by the due date, as well as all reimbursement and check requests, making sure all have proper approval.
- Write check payments from Operating, Building and Foundation checking account and work with Congregational Care to write checks for member, employee and non-member assistance.
- Approve wire transfers for ministry partners and vendors as requested.
- Prepare and process all vendor charge statements for payment; reconcile statements monthly, distribute W-9s and maintain Vendor list.
- Maintain Petty Cash Vault requests and deposits, reconcile monthly and prepare journal entries as needed.
- Maintain foreign funds spreadsheet of funds held in Finance for mission trips to other countries.
- Assist staff with questions about budgets, budget reports, expenses and designed gifts account balances.
- Prepare and post journal entries as requested by staff and Director/Assoc Director of Finance & Accounting.
- Train new employees in Accounts Payable procedures.
- Perform support functions including, but not limited to, copying and filing.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles (equivalent education/experience of 2-5 years of accounting/bookkeeping courses/work).
- Exemplary computer skills, especially with Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Speed and accuracy in computer data entry.
- Excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Strong communicational and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Able to work within a team setting with multiple contributors on projects.
- Able to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Enjoy working as a member of a dynamic and fast-paced team, with the ability to handle constant change.
Apply for this position: www.cor.org/employment
Contact: Lisa Viehweg
13720 Roe Leawood KS 66224