Church of the Resurrection seeks finance and accounting director
Finance & Accounting Director
The Finance & Accounting Director is the leader for churchwide accounting activities. They are responsible for planning, directing and controlling the financial resources of the Church and the Foundation. This includes developing and implementing an effective system of accounting, implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls, conducting financial analyses and preparing financial reports, and monitoring spending compared to the budget. As a member of the Business Operations Team, they partner with ministry and operations staff to ensure high quality accounting support across the church.
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the general accounting functions, which includes the Church and the Foundation, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management and fund balance management.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of the annual budget, including individual budget meetings with each ministry department.
- Participate in the annual stewardship commitment campaign, insuring full and accurate giving record input and communication.
- Prepare denominational financial reports annually for each location and their respective annual conference.
- Ensure that all contribution statements/acknowledgements comply with current Federal reporting requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly account reconciliations and other document to ensure compliance.
- Prepare monthly bank compliance reports, according to the provisions of the bank loan agreement.
- Manage each fund balance, sources and proper uses of each fund.
- Evaluate, course correct, and implement cash management principles
- Supervise the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including property, sales and use, payroll and other taxes)
- Coordinate work relating to the external audit; responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations resulting from the audit findings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow Jesus and engage in the “five essential practices” of the Christian life: worship, study, serve, give, and share.
- Support the church’s purpose of “building a Christian community where non-religious and nominally religious people become deeply committed Christians.”
- Exemplify the church’s values and support its theological direction as a United Methodist Church.
- Degree in Accounting plus 3 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience
- CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum years of management/leadership experience: 3
- Proven Results in: Ability to analyze financial performance, oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firms and review firm's performance.
Employee benefits are about so much more than just healthcare or retirement plans at Church of the Resurrection. To us, they are about supporting our employees in multiple aspects of their lives for overall well-being. With that in mind, we designed our benefits package with focus on four areas of employee prosperity: Health & Wellness, Spiritual & Professional Growth, Work Life Balance, Financial Health.
For more information and to apply, go to https://cor.org/leawood/employment [cor.org]