Church of the Resurrection seeks finance and accounting supervisor
The Accounting Team Director assists the Finance & Accounting Lead Director with accounting and financial reports, tracking/reconciling contributions made by cash/check, online giving and stock, preparation of monthly journal entries and bank reconciliations, sales tax research and reporting and fixed asset accounting.
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage online charge cards for Box Office, The Well Bookstore, ShareChurch Ministry, Adult Discipleship Ministry, and other ministries as needed; reconcile charge cards with appropriate bank accounts; coordinate with Information Technologies Department and ministry areas as needed.
- Provide support and backup to questions/concerns/changes from congregants/prospects for their online giving accounts.
- Provide support and backup to Finance Specialist – Accounts Receivable, in the area of ACH giving, accounting and reporting.
- Provide support and backup to Finance Specialist – Accounts Receivable, in the area of On-line giving, database management, accounting and reporting.
- Manage stock transactions; make contribution entries in Arena; post journal entries; reconcile brokerage accounts; prepare stock contribution spreadsheet; reconcile deposits with bank statements.
- Review ministry money and contribution batches weekly.
- Review memorial letters and IRA/Foundation gift thank you letters.
- Manage stewardship and building campaign processes, including pledge card scanning, Arena entry, assignment of duties to other Finance Department staff.
- Oversee electronic contribution statement processing and distribution, including coordination with the Information Technologies Department.
- Oversee contribution statement printing, distribution, volunteers, mailing, including coordination with the Information Technologies Department.
- Assist Finance & Accounting Lead Director with annual and reforecast budgets, as needed; assist with management of the budget template.
- Assist Finance & Accounting Lead Director with annual audit functions, including preparation of confirmation letters, preparation of reconciliation files; preparation of Fixed Asset reconciliation; and other required PBC requests from the external auditors.
- Assist Finance & Accounting Lead Director with management of designated gift and restricted asset accounts.
- Assist Finance & Accounting Lead Director with multi-state sales tax research/reporting/remittance.
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedule; prepare monthly depreciation journal entries.
- Provide guidance to Finance in the absence of the Finance & Accounting Lead Director.
- Ensure that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities noted above.
- Provide goal setting and performance management tasks for accounting staff, including feedback and direction for personal and ministry growth.
- Responsible for the continued development of the accounting staff, including encouragement and motivation.
- Research and collaborate with Information Technologies and other departments on best use of new technology for collection of contributions, fees, registrations and other receipts.
- Reconcile Church of the Resurrection Foundation stock statements monthly including allocation of investment income to appropriate funds.
- Prepare Church of the Resurrection Foundation internal financial statements monthly.
- Prepare bank reconciliations monthly.
- Prepare Memorial and Other Contribution account reconciliations monthly.
- Prepare MicroFinance/Braintree/Gateway account reconciliations monthly; coordinate payment to FINCA.
- Prepare financial policies and guidelines as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow Jesus and engage in the “five essential practices” of the Christian life: worship, study, serve, give, and share.
- Support the church’s purpose of “building a Christian community where non-religious and nominally religious people become deeply committed Christians.”
- Exemplify the church’s values and support its theological direction as a United Methodist Church.
- Degree in Accounting plus 2-5 years of combined Public Accounting and/or Private industry accounting experience; CPA certification preferred
- 3-5 years of management/leadership experience preferred
- Proven Results in: GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, Speed and accuracy on a ten-key
Employee benefits are about so much more than just healthcare or retirement plans at Church of the Resurrection. To us, they are about supporting our employees in multiple aspects of their lives for overall well-being. With that in mind, we designed our benefits package with focus on four areas of employee prosperity: Health & Wellness, Spiritual & Professional Growth, Work Life Balance, Financial Health.