Coordinator of lay leadership needed at Great Plains Conference
Great Plains Conference is seeking a coordinator of lay leadership. An effective lay leader functions as the primary representative and role model of Christian discipleship and faith lived out in the church and in daily life. The lay leader works with the district teams, cabinet and other conference units teams to determine best strategies to support lay leadership excellence and vitality at the conference and church level. The lay leader will also develop conference-wide lay leadership strategies that support the implementation of conference-wide sharing of best practices, provide reliable follow-up and reporting on the impact of strategies and solutions that have been implemented. They will ensure compliance with church discipline and external regulations, actively participate in the application of lessons learned for continuous improvement. Establish and maintain positive relationships with key conference stakeholders as needed.
Minimum Education or Experience Requirements
- high degree of emotional intelligence
- strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- demonstrated organizational skills
- demonstrated effectiveness in recruitment
- training and support of volunteers
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- experience with various types of media
- strong computer skills
- disciple of Jesus Christ and committed to making disciples of Jesus Christ through vital congregations
- education and/or working experience in program management, volunteer coordination, equipping/training volunteers, marketing and institutional development
- experience in developing and training in areas of leadership and/or leading corporate change
- working knowledge of online learning platforms
- working knowledge of United Methodist polity preferred.
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position located in Topeka, Kansas, at the Great Plains United Methodist Conference.