Director of facilities and maintenance needed in Wichita
Job Classification: Full time-salaried, 40+ hours per week
Principal Focus: The facilities director of first united methodist church-Wichita will direct and supervise custodial, maintenance, and security activities within the facility and train volunteers and custodial staff.
- Troubleshoot and maintain all utilities, manage relationships with vendors, and supervise up-keep of buildings, grounds and motor pool.
- Work with staff/volunteers to coordinate programming requiring the use of facility, security, set-up, and cleaning within the facility
Qualities, Skills, Experience, Education:
- Solid interpersonal relationship, computer, communication (both oral and written) and leadership skills as well as the ability to nurture relationships with both staff and members of the congregation
- Proven ability and experience supervising staff successfully and promoting a spirit of teamwork and cooperation
- Manage budget and effectively produce ongoing improvement and cost savings.
- Minimum five years of experience in facility maintenance/custodial management or a similar discipline
- Good mechanical/electrical/plumbing knowledge and abilities, along with a general understanding of custodial methods
- The ability to work with a diverse, downtown population
Contact: Teresa Fields
330 North Broadway Wichita KS 67202
Phone: 316-267-6244, Ext. 310