Director of youth ministries need at Heritage UMC
Heritage UMC in Overland Park, Kansas, is seeking a director of youth ministries. The director of youth ministries will develop and implement a comprehensive approach to youth ministry with the goal of building young disciples of Christ. The director will encourage youth in grades 6-12 to grow in discipleship through among other things worship, study, mission and outreach. The director will be a spiritual leader and role model for the congregation in all aspects of the Christian life. This position is part-time, up to 20 hrs a week.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with youth, while also reaching out to other youth in the community who may not have a church home.
- Develop and lead programs, activities and events in support of the position’s purpose, providing opportunities for serving others, evangelism and spiritual growth and involvement in the ministry of the church as a whole such as:
- Regular worship
- Bible studies
- Community service
- Mission trips
- Be aware of resources for developing the youth ministry programming (conference youth opportunities).
- Participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit and train volunteers to support the program, ensuring adequate human resources to meet objectives, adult to youth ratios and compliance with Safe Gatherings criteria.
- Keep records of youth participation
- Manage and submit the youth ministry budget.
- Ensure timely communication with parents, church staff and leadership and the congregation as a whole.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- Experience in the life and ministry of the Church
- Good people skills, including working with diverse groups, person-to-person communication and electronic communication
- Understanding of group dynamics (team building, collaborative leadership, equipping others, etc.) and desire to understand the needs of different age groups and parents
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think/reflect theologically, with a commitment to the spiritual growth and discipleship of both oneself and the congregation
Please send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage United Methodist Church
12850 Quivira Rd
Overland Park KS 66213