Global training & development manager sought at United Methodist Communications
United Methodist Communications, a General Agency of The United Methodist Church, is seeking a global training & development manager .
UMCOM is seeking an experienced individual with a solid knowledge of The United Methodist Church, its agencies, US and Central conferences and various levels of leadership and theology. This individual will be responsible for global training programs that include instructor-led face-to-face communications training, blended, and online learning for a global audience. The successful candidate must be comfortable presenting to large groups in various situations, with outstanding presentation skills. He/She will design, develop, implement and evaluate global training strategy to assist churches, districts and annual conferences in areas of digital technology and communications. This individual will provide oversight and direction for all global communications training efforts to ensure the global training program meets agency standards and the needs of a global audience. Knowledge of best practices in a multicultural environment and experience interacting in multiple cultural arenas, with sensitivities to the nuances of a multicultural church is necessary. He/she must be able to communicate with diplomacy.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in adult education, training and online learning, instructional design and course development or a related a related field. A candidate with proven on the job experience of five years or more may be considered.
- Bi-lingual is required (French, Portuguese or Spanish – with a preference for French)
- Prior experience with international travel and instruction is required
- Five years of experience education with adult learners, face-to-face, online and blended learning
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in Moodle or similar learning management system
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and use of social media
- Experience with Microsoft Professional Office Suite
- Experience with image editing programs (Photoshop or similar), desktop publishing (Adobe InDesign), audio/video applications and web-based content management systems
- Experience in developing and deploying Internet-based community building and online communities of learning and practice
- Previous experience working with translation services is preferred
- Solid knowledge of the United Methodist Church, its agencies, and various levels of leadership, theology, structure and programs is needed.
To Apply Contact
- Base Salary
- Regular full-time
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision Insurance
- Life insurance, supplemental life insurance and dependent life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement/pension plan /personal investment plans
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Paid holidays (eleven annually)
- Paid vacation, sick leave and personal leave
- Continuing education
- Free parking
P. O. Box 320 (810-12th
Ave. S., Nash. 37203) Nashville, TN 37202-0320
Please provide the following:
- Cover letter
- Application form*
- Work samples
to request an application
UMCom welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our work. UMCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.