Kansas Area United Methodist Foundation searching for communications associate
Job title: communications associate
Job type: full-time, non-exempt
Purpose: The communications associate supports the mission of Kansas Area United Methodist Foundation by cultivating and nurturing relationships with existing and prospective churches and clients through various means of hospitality, marketing, and communications. In addition, this role will provide administrative support for the Foundation staff. The position reports to the president and CEO.
- Work regularly scheduled hours of operation
- High degree of dependability, attendance, and punctuality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients and donors
- Exhibit a positive, helpful attitude of teamwork
- Ability to produce high quality written content
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in online marketing services (like MailChimp) and web design is a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with donors, board members, stakeholders, staff members, and peers in the field
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, nonprofit management or related field. Graphic design and video production skills are preferred, but writing skills will be the first priority.
- Commitment to help families and churches give generously to change lives through the life and ministry of the church and other faith-based entities.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Kansas Area United Methodist Foundation offers a benefit package including health insurance, paid time off, ten paid holidays, and a 7% retirement plan.
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a one (1) hour lunch. Occasional events on evenings and weekends.
How to apply:
Full job description can be emailed to you. Contact email@example.com
for more information. Please submit a thoughtful cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to Rev. Dr. Dustin Petz, President & CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Only email applications will be accepted. Applications without writing samples or work portfolio will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. 100 E. First Ave., Hutchinson, KS 67501 • www.kaumf.org
Contact: Dustin D. Petz
100 East 1st PO Box 605 Hutchinson KS 67501
Attached file(s): view file