Leavenworth First UMC is looking for a children's ministry leader
Time commitment and work schedule
- The children’s ministries leader is a fifteen (15) hour per week position.
- Program schedule determined by church calendar.
- The leader must be available Sundays for worship, Sunday school, Children’s Worship, Children’s activities/events, and once during the week for staff meetings.
- The weekly schedule is worked out with the Senior Pastor.
- Additional hours worked as a church volunteer in other projects are not counted toward the hours/wages for this position.
- Education in ministry and or teaching
- Bachelor’s Degree beneficial
- Minimum of three years implementing a dynamic, growing children’s ministry
- Familiarity with United Methodist doctrine, heritage and structure
- Complete Ministry Safe Training and pass a background check
- A minimum age of 21 to comply with the Ministry Safe policy
- Teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
- A self-starter—highly motivated passion for children’s ministry and outreach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient social media and computer skills
- A good role model
- An ability to organize and administrate as a ministry leader
- An affinity and a deep love for engaging children and their parents in worship
Contact: Wayne Parks
422 Chestnut St Leavenworth 66048
Attached file(s): view file