Lenexa UMC Seeks full-time director of youth ministries
Director of youth Ministries is a full-time staff position in the Lenexa United Methodist Church (LUMC). The youth director will provide spiritual and relational Christian leadership for Lenexa United Methodist Youth in the 6th through 12th grades.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Youth Ministry:
- Provide spiritual and relational Christian leadership for Lenexa United Methodist Youth in the 6th through 12th grades.
- Support, guide, and supervise all youth ministries of the church in accordance to the Mission and Vision of the church.
- Lead Sunday night youth fellowship.
- Coordinate and lead youth retreats, youth mission trips and youth fundraising.
- Lead youth to participate in the Kansas City District, & the Great Plains Annual Conference youth events.
- Coordinate youth Sunday School for grades 6th through 12th.
- Coordinate with the Sr. Pastor to provide leadership for the Confirmation program.
- Whole Church Ministry:
- Attend worship services on a regular basis.
- Participate in Sunday worship service planning and leadership, especially as it relates to youth involvement.
- Participate in the worship services in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, preaching on occasion when asked by the sr. pastor or worship committee.
- With assistance of church members, conduct a membership class where new members can learn about the doctrines of the United Methodist Church and specific programs of the Lenexa church.
- Be a member of Inviting Ministries Team.
For a complete list of responsibilities and job qualifications, visit https://lenexaumc.org/job-opportunities/
Contact: Ezekiel Koech
9138 Caenen Lake Rd Lenexa 66215
Phone: (913) 888-5600