Missions Finance specialist position open at The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection
The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection, founded in 1990, with five locations across the Kansas City Metropolitan area, is seeking a highly motivated team member to come dream with us. Our staff is passionate about being used by God to change lives, strengthen churches, and transform the world. Utilize your gifts and experience to be a part of our exciting journey. We offer a competitive benefits package, including time off and a 5% retirement match for eligible participants.
Missions Finance Specialist (40 Hours, Salaried, Benefits Eligible)
- Review and approve Mission Ministries expense reimbursements, credit card reconciliations and purchase orders, checking for coding accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with the development of strategic planning budgets for Mission Ministries, monitor the budget vs. actual expenditures and report out monthly.
- Manage Missions grant reporting, from inception through grant closing, following specific grant requirements.
- Manage financial logistics of all Mission Ministries events.
- Compile financial information for Mission Ministries Annual Report.
- Provide guidance to Mission staff/volunteers regarding tax implications of mission operations.
- Monitor and report the cash flow needs for all mission related accounts.
- Serve as liaison between Mission Program Directors and the Finance Department staff.
- Degree in accounting or related field plus 2-5 years of related experience; non-profit and budgeting experience preferred.
- Speed and accuracy on a ten-key.
- Exemplary computer skills, especially with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Apply for this position: www.cor.org/employment
Contact: Lisa Viehweg
13720 Roe Leawood KS 66224