The New England Conference is excited to announce a search for a Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will work under the supervision of the Controller and will be responsible for performing basic accounting duties such as analyzing accounts, records, ledgers, and reports for accuracy and validity.
This role prepares or assists in the preparation of various financial reports requiring initiative and investigative skills as well as assisting with accounts payables, accounts receivables, and payroll functions.
• Maintains all aspects of the general ledger (GL) including but not limited to account payable, accounts receivable, cash management and payroll.
• Completes monthly account reconciliations, as assigned.
• Prepares monthly reports and statements on a timely basis.
• Manages expense reimbursement process as assigned.
• Runs daily bank transaction reports, balances cash daily, and prepares deposits.
• Day-to-day support of GL management as directed by Controller.
• Collaborates with Controller on improving systems to increase efficiency and scalability of accounting function (e.g., accounts payable and expense reimbursement solutions).
• Manages and reconcile general ledger accounts.
• Prepares reports and statements.
• Processes all transactions following the organizations internal control policies.
• Ensures the proper handling of receipts and deposits of funds in the bank account.
• Ensures journal entries are properly keyed and applicable supporting documentation is attached to transactions.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting is required.
• CPA certification preferred.
• 5 to 10 years of experience in account analysis, reconciliation and financial reporting is required.
• Experience with accounting software and Microsoft Excel and Word required.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills.
• Ability to travel 5-15% within the New England Conference is required.
• Knowledge of the structure and polity of The United Methodist Church is strongly desired.
• Nonprofit experience is helpful.
New England Conference of The United Methodist Church
The New England Conference of the United Methodist Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks. Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2021
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms