Outreach coordinator needed at Trinity UMC
Trinity United Methodist Church, in Lincoln, Nebraska, is seeking an outreach coordinator. The outreach coordinator is responsible for developing and leading a vital outreach ministry to build relationships and connect the church with people who do not have a faith community — especially in the growing neighborhoods surrounding Trinity. The outreach coordinator will oversee the promotion of Trinity ministries to the community and nurture discipleship through study and experiences which will deepen the spiritual life and practice of the congregation. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week/salaried position which requires flexible hours, including Sundays and evenings. Hours will vary week to week, depending on activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Be a visionary for ways in which Trinity can connect with people beyond the church walls and nurture them into discipleship.
- Develop a culture of invitation within the Trinity congregation where individuals will others to participate in the life of the church, and where outreach is an integral part of the church's ministries.
- Assume leadership of the annual Rock the Village outreach event.
- Build relationships with local businesses and neighborhood associations.
- Utilize networking, social media, and other tools to promote Trinity events and ministries.
- Follow up with new and returning guests, guiding them as they grow in their faith and become connected with the congregation and its ministry.
- Assist guests with information; facilitate relationships and involvement in the life and ministry of the congregation.
- Coordinate Discover Trinity membership classes.
- Create an intentional system of discipleship development for members and guests.
- Develop and implement systems to track the progression of individuals from first-time guests to engagement as active members.
- Create and manage the outreach ministries budget.
- Recruit, lead and coach Trinity volunteers for the outreach and disciple-making ministries.
- Utilize MissionInsite as a resource for church development.
Commitment to Ministry
- A contagious faith and a commitment to one's own spiritual journey.
- A love for people and a true passion for seeing others grow in faith.• A demonstrated commitment to and experience with faith formation and relational outreach.
- Affinity with the values and beliefs of a progressive United Methodist congregation.
- A proven ability to grow a congregation.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent relational skills and the ability to develop personal and community connections.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to recruit, train, lead and support ministry volunteers.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly developed listening skills.
- Proficiency with social media and promotional tools as a means of outreach to the community.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and Word.
- Experience in program development, recruitment/leading of volunteers and program evaluation.
- Experience in growing a congregation by relational outreach.
- Must submit to and pass a background check.
- Interior office environment; routinely uses Microsoft Word, Excel, Shelby Systems software, as well as desktop and smart phone technologies.
- High level of energy.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs .
Professional Development and Involvement
- Encouraged to attend professional development opportunities: e.g., COR Institute, Church Growth Conferences.
- Coordinate teams of volunteer leaders.
If interested, please email a cover letter and your resume to Lori Oberembt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Trinity UMC, please visit trinitylincoln.org.
Attached file(s): view file