Salina Trinity UMC is hiring a full time youth director
- Engage a growing number of middle school and senior high students weekly.
- Communicate priorities and programs of youth ministry.
- Work with a youth advisory council in the creation of the goals, priorities, and directions for youth ministry.
- Recruit, train, and maintain an active and effective body of adult youth sponsors.
- Communicate with youth, parents, volunteers, and the congregation.
- Attend and participate in worship services of the church, including youth in the invitation and leadership of services.
- Prepare reports and budget requests.
- Be visible at student events during the school year.
- Continue to grow as a leader in the church by pursuing personal and/or professional educational opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Make every effort to make disciples for Jesus Christ by:
- Educating youth in the principles and core beliefs of the United Methodist Church,
- Providing youth studies that reflect the values of Trinity UMC.
- Counseling youth about service for Christ and providing opportunities for students to participate in missions and social justice,
- Developing lessons that speak to student’s daily lives.
- Encourage students in their faith journey.
- Serve as a spiritual leader and role model for the church.
- Build and implement an engaging and creative Sunday School program for 6th – 12th graders.
Full Time Salary based on education level and experience:
- College graduate or equivalent experience.
- Strong leadership skills - such as the ability to understand the group needs and characteristics, has the utmost integrity and the ability to be decisive when necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate detailed information to congregation and coworkers.
- Excellent service skills with the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong relationships with coworkers and congregation.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
A full job description can be found at triumc.org/youthdirector. You can upload a cover letter and resume at that site as well.