Stull, KS UMC is searching for a part-time pianist/accompanist
Stull United Methodist Church (Lecompton, KS) seeks a skilled pianist gifted in accompanying and passionate about leading worship to join our worship team. The pianist/accompanist will play piano for congregational hymns and accompany special music during Sunday church services and Sunday morning rehearsals. This position reports to the worship team and is overseen by the pastor. Applicants should have experience in accompanying and leading hymn singing, and also be capable of playing contemporary Christian music. Applicants chosen to interview should be prepared for an interview with the pastor and worship committee members, as well as an “in-worship” audition demonstrating technical piano ability. You will be asked to perform a piece displaying skill level, hymns selected from the United Methodist Hymnal, and contemporary praise music for a typical Sunday morning worship service. The applicant will also play a sight-reading piece selected by the worship team.
- Ability to play hymns, service music, and special music of moderate difficulty
- Experience with and basic knowledge of church music
- Flexibility, sight-reading, and simple improvisatory abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Play at Sunday Worship Service (11a.m.) every Sunday (rehearsal at 9:30) throughout the year.
- Responsible for selection and preparation of appropriate service music including: prelude, offertory, postlude, and special music during communion, with direction from the pastor.
- This position does not require liturgical planning.
- Play as scheduled for special services, including evening Holy Week services (Thursday and Friday before Easter), Christmas Eve service, evening Lenten services as needed, and others TBD.
- Play, for extra compensation to be provided by those requesting services, for weddings, funerals, memorial services, as needed.
- Arrange for acceptable substitute as able when unable to attend service.
Anticipated time commitment: Sunday 9:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m. weekly. Preparation outside of worship.
Compensation: $100 per service, paid monthly. Additional pay for special services and events.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume and references electronically to Pastor Emily Elliott at email@example.com
Contact: Pastor Emily Elliott
1596 E 250 Road Lecompton KS 66050
Email: Click to email