Summer internship opportunity at West Heights UMC
You may be the special one that God is calling to our church. West Heights UMC in Wichita is seeking a happy, energetic person for ministry with children (birth to 5th grade) and youth (6th to 12th grade). The intern program includes learning from a great team of leaders and staff, getting the opportunity to implement a variety of programs, including community outreach and sharing your heart for Christ. The 2018 summer intern program runs June 1 -Aug. 2, 2018. The intern will gain experience in leading, teaching and developing a children’s and student ministry. Working with West Heights UMC staff, the intern will have the opportunity to use their gifts to plan and lead some events and teach kids and students in large and small group settings. This internship will provide an opportunity for the intern and our children, youth and congregation to meet, learn and grow together in faith.
- Weekly mentor meetings with supervisors.
- Personal development in exercising spiritual disciplines.
- Build Christ-centered relationships with youth/children and ministry volunteers. Consistently encourage children, students and volunteers in their faith and spiritual development.
- Seek to know as many children and students as possible by summer’s end, especially names.
- Attend Sunday worship services and ministry activities for the summer.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Planning, coordinating and executing events with students and children as directed.
- Attend and participate in summer camps as directed.
- Shadow staff members to learn about the various ministry functions of the church.
- Help prepare, attend, and serve at children and student ministry events.
- Other responsibilities will be developed and implemented based on personality and acumen of the intern
Open to college students, 19 years or older, who have a dynamic and mature faith, and who are teachable, lovable and fun. Internship job offer will be contingent of successful passing of background check. Please submit with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org