United Methodist Communications seeks public relations specialist
United Methodist Communications, a General Agency of The United Methodist Church, is seeking a public relations specialist.
UMCOM is seeking an experienced individual to create and pitch stories to the press about United Methodist Church ministries and assists in the development/execution of the agency’s global public relations program. This individual will be responsible for creating messages and materials for communication with United Methodist audiences. The ideal candidate will use creative public relations strategies to raise awareness of The United Methodist Church and increase news coverage. He/she will be responsible for writing news releases and other promotional and interpretive materials and will assist with global public relations projects.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, mass communications or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in media, public relations or news writing
- Proven ability to develop media relations and communications strategy
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Strong written, verbal analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the United Methodist Church, its agencies, and various levels of leadership, theology, structure and programs is preferred.
To Apply Contact
- Base Salary
- Regular full-time
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision Insurance
- Life insurance, supplemental life insurance and dependent life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement/pension plan /personal investment plans
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Paid holidays (eleven annually)
- Paid vacation, sick leave and personal leave
- Continuing education
- Free parking
P. O. Box 320 (810-12th
Ave. S., Nash. 37203) Nashville, TN 37202-0320
Please provide the following:
- Cover letter
- Application form*
- Work samples
to request an application
UMCom welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our work. UMCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.