Wesley House is currently accepting resumes for the executive director position
Wesley House is currently accepting resumes for the Executive Director position. The Executive Director is the key management leader of Wesley House and is responsible for overseeing the administration and programs of the organization. Other duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor of the Pittsburg First United Methodist Church (FUMC).
Advisory Board and Pittsburg First United Methodist Church:
Works with the board and Pittsburg FUMC in order to fulfill the organization mission
Financial Performance and Viability:
Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization
- Responsible for leading Wesley House in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Advisory Board and Pittsburg FUMC and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board and Pittsburg FUMC to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Yearly evaluations of performance and compensation by Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations.
Organization Mission and Strategy:
Works with the board, Pittsburg FUMC and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support Wesley House’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Wesley House to include submission to Board and Pittsburg FUMC of a proposed annual budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for implementation of Wesley House’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission
Responsible for the enhancement of Wesley House’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations
Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate
Profession Qualifications Needed:
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff with the help of the Senior Pastor from Pittsburg FUMC
- Effective administration of Wesley House’s operations
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization after the approval of said item from the appropriate committee of Pittsburg FUMC and/or the Senior Pastor of Pittsburg FUMC
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field such as social work, nonprofit management or a business-related degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior management experience
- Experience and skill in working with an Advisory Board, Board of Directors and FUMC
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s mission to staff, board, FUMC, volunteers and donors
- Certified grant writer or grant writing experience
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community
- Previous success in establishing relationship with individuals and organization of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers
- Solid organization abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Strong work ethic with a high energy
- Self-directed, mission oriented, passionate
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Must be certified CPR and First Aid
Must be Safe Gatherings certified
Salary and insurance stipend ranging from $44,000-$50,000 depending on experience
Paid vacation and holidays
Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter as well as references.
411 E. 12th St. Pittsburg KS 66762