Youth director needed at First-Faith UMC
First-Faith UMC in Grand Island, Nebraska, is seeking a director of children and youth ministries. The director of children and youth ministries is responsible to oversee the church’s children and youth ministries to ensure a smoothly operating, safe and effective program. The director will recruit and train leaders who will touch children’s lives with God’s love, teach them God’s Word and provide fellowship with God’s people, laying a foundation that will keep children and youth interested in the things of God and involved in church. This position will be accountable to the pastor and filled January 2018. This is a 20-hours per week position.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Desire to teach and mentor children and youth with patience and an accepting heart
- Regularly attend worship in a local congregation
- Be able to pass a background check to be safe-gathering certified.
- Communicate well with children, youth and adults
- Social media knowledge and experience
- Have good organizational skills and be able to self-direct a flexible working schedule
- Educational background is desired
- Able to exercise prudent judgment in the area of confidentiality
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and coordinate workers for children and youth ministry settings; and work cooperatively with all staff and volunteers.
- Facilitate a warm, friendly, and learning environment for children and families.
- Uses appropriate child/youth development knowledge to best meet the needs of First-Faith’s children/youth in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom grouping, etc.
- Be available to attend after school sports and other performance events
- Be willing to participate in training opportunities and continuing education
- Collaborates with the family life, Christian education and refresh coordinators to provide support and resources for church-oriented events.
- Promoting church camp participation, reviewing camp scholarship requests, and overseeing scholarship
- Participate in weekly staff meetings with the pastor and represents the interests of the children/youth at monthly church council meetings.
- Participate in the life and worship of the congregation and provide the object lesson for the children’s Sunday worship event.
- Contribute and/or administer content for website, monthly newsletters and social media.
- Plan, coordinate and lead weekly youth gathering that includes worship and recreation.
- Consistently communicate with parents.
Wage and Benefits
- Hourly wage to commensurate with experience
- Vacation – one week paid after 12 months
- Holidays – five “floating” holidays
- Sick Leave – three days, non-accumulative
- 90-day probationary period
If interested, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
or First-Faith United Methodist Church 4190 W. Capital Ave., Grand Island, NE. 68803. If you have any questions, call 308-384-5620.