Youth director needed at part-time in Papillion, NE
St Paul’s United Methodist Church, Papillion, seeks an energetic individual with a passion for faith formation to lead our middle and high school youth programs. Position is part-time (10-15 hrs per week) and includes flexible scheduling, with Sunday morning, and some Wednesday evenings required. Program enjoys strong congregational and parental support. Successful candidate will have experience leading/teaching youth, an evident faith, strong organizational and communication skills, ability to recruit and manage volunteers. Position available immediately.
The youth director is responsible for the development and management of a comprehensive ministry program for St. Paul’s Youth, 7th through 12th grade, under supervision of the Senior Pastor. This youth ministry includes activities, events, and programs related to spiritual growth, service and advocacy, leadership development, and community life. The youth director oversees Sunday morning class, 2x a month Wednesday evening gatherings, mission trips, fund-raising, and volunteers for the youth program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and facilitate youth programming and activities.
- Plan and implement youth mission trips and retreats and the fund-raising for such.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers involved in all areas of youth ministry.
- Be available to meet individually with youth and provide guidance as needed.
- All such meetings must follow Safe Gatherings policies and procedures.
- Contribute communicate to the congregation about youth programming through appropriate channels.
- Maintain and post on youth-specific social media sites.
- Maintain communication with youth, parents, and volunteers, using appropriate modes of communication (email, texts, phone calls).
- Coordinate with other church ministries for joint church events and special services.
- Support youth in community activities, be occasionally present at games, concerts, plays, school programs, etc.
- Encourage youth involvement in the wider church.
- Help develop youth as leaders in the youth program and in the wider church ministry.
- Keep youth visible to congregation and help others celebrate and support the youth.
- Budget for youth programs.
- Attend staff meetings when scheduled.
- Ensure that safety policies and procedures (Safe Gatherings) are used by all adults involved.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the senior pastor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma (required)
- College Degree (preferred)
- Safe Gatherings (required) - This program, sponsored by the United Methodist Church, includes a background check and online training course. Safe Gatherings training must be completed before beginning duties and must be kept up to date.
- Provable history working with teenagers through paid employment and/or volunteer, in church or community programs.
- Communicate effectively from a variety of platforms (verbal, written, presentation).
- Relate and empathize with youth, especially those who may be struggling.
- Work collaboratively with others and identify areas of varied resources as needed.
- Understand and easily communicate the gospel, from an “inclusive faith” mindset.
- Understand scripture and be able to share it in a positive and encouraging manner.
- Utilize technology effectively or delegate it easily.
- Willing to pursue additional training as it would benefit job duties.
- Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Able to agree to and follow all policies in St. Paul’s Employee Handbook.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work with junior/senior high school youth and others.
- Strong team member who can work independently and work with volunteers.
- Able to maintain strong working relationship with other staff, church members, community members.
- Possess communication, time-management, and organizational skills as needed to complete duties.
- Seeker of personal growth in body, soul, and spirit. A
- ble to live in such a way that is in harmony with Christian values and principles.
- Able to act at all times with a professional demeanor and the highest integrity.
- Able to speak positively about the church and its ministries.
Contact: Amy Lippoldt
324 S Jackson Papillion NE 68128
Email: Click to email