Silver Lake UMC seeking Director of Youth Discipleship
The Director of Youth Discipleship is a ¼ time, salaried position. This position includes both weekday and weekend responsibilities to encourage and facilitate spiritual growth and involvement of youth at Silver Lake UMC. In performing all duties, this position should be mindful of our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
We are hopeful the person might also be able to lead our after-school program which would make this position ½ time. The responsibilities of the after-school program called “The Rock” are italicized below.
- Experience leading youth ministry is preferred but not required
- High level of spiritual maturity
- Ability to recruit volunteers and work as a team
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience dealing with family issues and youth with special needs
- Develop relationships with youth and parents encouraging spiritual growth through involvement in the life of the church.
- Work in partnership with Pastor and Christian Education Team to develop and implement ministry plans including, but not limited to the following:
- Weekly Youth Group programming
- Youth Sunday School curriculum, supplies, and teachers
- Annual mission trip and other service projects
- Annual Youth Sunday Worship experience
- Confirmation Program
- Graduation Sunday events
- Opportunities for ongoing connection and care for college students
- Lead “The Rock” after-school program Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 3pm to 5:30pm
- Weekly planning for “The Rock” after school program
- Communicate with youth, families, and the congregation through necessary channels.
- Coordinate with other program ministry staff for collaborative and cooperative ministry.
- Recruit, support, and oversee Safe Gatherings Certification of adult volunteers serving in the ministry.
- Provide budgetary oversight for the ministry.
- Maintain youth house and materials.
$20,000 if able to fulfill both opportunities. Salary is negotiable.
Please send resume or call Alex Rossow at the below if interested.
Contact: Alex Rossow
204 Madore St., Silver Lake KS 66539