Disaster response is a way to transform the world for Jesus Christ! Central to the goal of this academy is our desire to grow and enhance the ministry of disaster response to transform our communities, state, nation, and world for Jesus Christ.
To build our capacity and to enhance the ministry of disaster response.
Planning is taking place for the following:
- Thursday: Foundations of Disaster Ministry and Keynote by Cathy Earl, Director of UMCOR. For all in attendance.
- Friday Morning:
- Local Church Track: Connecting Neighbors Training and Mapping of Churches and Networks. Open to all clergy and laity.
- ERT Track: 200 level ERT Training for recertifications and refreshing of basic training. For all current and active ERT’s.
- Long -Term Recovery Group Track: Establishment and requirements for LTRG’s currently active and others planning for disasters. Will move from relief phase through the recovery phase of a disaster. For all LTRG members, Disaster Case Managers, and Emergency Managers.
- Leadership Track: Disaster process in the Great Plains Conference. For clergy, laity, District Administrative Assistants, Conference Staff, and anyone else interested.
- Friday Afternoon:
- Local Church Track and Long-Term Recovery Group Track: Empowering the Local Community. For all clergy, laity, Emergency Managers, and LTRG groups.
- ERT Track: 200 level training continues. For all current and active ERT’s.
- Leadership Track: currently being developed.
- Friday Night:
- Panel Discussion and Q/A with State VOAD, State Department of Emergency Management, Local Pastor, UMCOR, Emergency Managers, and Long-Term Recovery Group. For all in attendance.
- Saturday Morning:
- Ministry of Caring by UMCOR and Closing Worship and Communion with Bishop Saenz. For all in attendance.
Cost: $250/per person, which includes meals, lodging, materials, and meeting space. For those commuting, the cost will be $150/per person, which includes meals, materials, and meeting space.