What if I'm new to the church or the pastor doesn't know me? How can I get my clergy reference form signed?

You must provide a reference from a pastor who has known you for two years. If your pastor hasn’t known you that long, you may ask another pastor to provide the reference. The United Methodist pastor where the ministry takes place will still be notified and asked to indicate if there is any reason why you should not serve within the local church or conference.