I am not a member of the UMC but am required to be Safe Gatherings certified because my organization uses space when children are present. Who do I contact to complete my reference forms?

The pastor of the church you are attending can complete the reference. If you do not have a pastor, list an employer, or professional, who has known you a minimum of two years. A non-profit agency where you have served can provide a reference. He/she will be contacted to confirm their relationship with you. The United Methodist pastor where the ministry takes place will still be notified and asked to indicate if there is any reason why you should not serve within the local church or conference.