If I suspect abuse, what do I do and to whom do I report?


Report a breach in sexual ethics in Kansas using the toll-free reporting line: 877-771-7003

Mandatory Reporting

Kansas Statute 38-2223 lists those who are mandated reporters in the State of Kansas. If you do not know whether you are in the mandated reporter category, go to the Kansas DCF website, www.dcf.ks.gov to find out. Certification does not automatically make you a mandatory reporter.

Clergy are not required under Kansas law to report suspected abuse, however, the 2008 Book of Discipline does require clergy to report suspected abuse.

Reporting Child Abuse

Anyone has the right to report suspected abuse directly to the state at 800-722-5330. The Guide to Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect in Kansas is an excellent resource and is found on the DCF website, www.dcf.ks.gov.

ChildLIne and Abuse Registry Intake Unit, Call 800-932-0313 (TTD: 866-872-1677)


State law requires any person who suspects that a child has been physically or sexually abused or neglected to report it promptly to the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services's Adult and child abuse neglect hotline: 1-800-652-1999.

The purpose of the law is to “provide protection of children whose health and welfare are adversely affected and further threatened by the conduct of those responsible for their care and protection.”

Mandated reporters include child service organization personnel. Failure to report is a misdemeanor.

Anyone making a report in good faith is immune from any civil or criminal liability.

Adult and child abuse and neglect hotline:1-800-652-1999