Is it necessary for me to take the Safe Gatherings course if I live out of state and will be participating in an event in Kansas or Nebraska?

Yes. You must take the Safe Gatherings training and be certified to participate in a Kansas or Nebraska event in accordance with the Conference's policies. This requirement applies to those who are also planning to participate in a mission or disaster relief trip with one of the Great Plains Area churches.