Hands on the Great Plains
Even though the official dates for Hands on the Great Plains have past, congregations across the Great Plains Conference are still encouraged to engage in hands-on mission in their communities.
The efforts kicked off the weekend after Easter and culminated with Change the World weekend May 17-18. Congregations and districts planning events may be eligible for Rethink Church grants from United Methodist Communications.
The Hands on the Great Plains: Taking it to the Streets event called upon congregations to seek partnerships with other community organizations to make a real difference in their communities.
Register your event:
You can still register your event at www.handsonthegreatplains.org and we will add it to the map and calendar showing all the events that took place across Nebraska and Kansas.
- Welcoming 100 Online Training
- Welcoming Webinar
- Starting Conversations, a guide to starting and continuing faith conversations
- Starting Conversations, a PowerPoint presentation to use along with the guide
- Prepare to Engage, a 30-minute training for church volunteers
- Video sessions at www.handsonthegreatplains.org
- Logistics: Planning Your Day of Service
- Creating a Culture of MIssion in Your Congregation
- What is a local church coordinator and what do they do?
- Mission Possible: Creating Lasting Community Partnerships for Mission
- Micah 6: Incorporating spirtual practice into a day of service