Health and Wellness Inserts
Health and Wellness Have Come to Church!
“…your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have received from God.” I Corinthians 6:19 (NRSV)
The Health and Wellness program is designed to help UMC members lead healthier lives. Being physically active and eating healthy foods helps keep a person in good shape. Did you know that regular physical activity can:
- Prevent high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and obesity?
- Help control high blood pressure, diabetes and weight?
- Make a person feel well and energized?
Recommendation is 30 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity (like brisk walking) on most days of the week. A person is never too old to start moving!
Below are health and wellness inserts that can be used in a congregation to encourage members to engage in physical activity and healthy habits.
- Physically Fit and Fun with the Family PDF or Word
- Thriving For God PDF or Word
- Self-Care PDF or Word
- Rejuvenate the Mind, Body and Spirit PDF or Word
- Feeling Blue? PDF or Word
- Make the Mind-Body Connection PDF or Word
- Keep Moving PDF or Word
- Eat Smart Be Active PDF or Word
- Leading By Example PDF or Word
- Every Journey Starts with a First Step PDF or Word
- Especially for Older Adults PDF or Word
- Health and Wellness Have Come to Church PDF or Word
- Men's Health Month PDF or Word
- Summer-Time Fun PDF or Word
- Physically Fit and Fun for All Ages PDF or Word
- Track Changes PDF or Word
- Healthy Eating PDF or Word
- Physical and Spiritual Healing PDF or Word
- Healthy Holiday Tips PDF or Word