Matching Grant Internships
Many churches in the Great Plains have a rich history of summer interns. For other churches, they’ve cultivated someone within the congregation who is ready to take a step of faithfulness to explore a summer of full-time ministry. The conference is making available matching grants for churches who have identified someone who could serve as an intern for the summer.
Our objectives for Church Matching Internship Grants are:
- To help churches identify a young person with gifts for ministry
- To support a vibrant and creative summer season of ministry
- To connect interns with a learning community of other interns throughout the summer
Three Types of matching grants will be considered:
- Youth Ministry
- Kids Ministry
- Pastoral Ministry
- Your intern will be paid an hourly rate (at least minimum wage) for up to 40 hours per week. Internship must be a minimum of 10 weeks.
- Your intern will attend a 3 day retreat (May 20-22, 2020) with other interns from the conference
- Your intern is at least 18 years old
- Someone from the church staff will be an assigned supervisor throughout the summer and will meet weekly with the intern for supervision and making space for reflecting on the intern’s summer learning.
- The Conference will fund up to $1750 per intern, and the expectation is to match your church’s contribution.
- A Conference staff person will check in several times throughout the summer and will be available for resourcing.
All Conference Church Matching interns will have a weekly video call for connection and resourcing with other interns.