Fourteen churches, campus groups receive Culture of Call grants
Four campus ministries, the Institute for Discipleship and nine churches will divide more than $21,000 in the fall round of Culture of Call grants.
“We love seeing creativity come from churches and campus ministries who are exploring ways that they can cultivate people to explore their call,” the Rev. Ashlee Alley Crawford, clergy recruitment and development coordinator, said. “We were happy to be able to invest in each of these communities to find ways that God can continue to grow their community’s imagination for exploring calls.”
Many of the grants go directly for internships, while others are designed for college students to learn more about ministry, and leadership retreats for young adults exploring a call to ministry.
The grant recipients are:
- Andover UMC, the Rev. Ryan Lynch, $1,700, high school student exploring ministry as a call.
- Falls City First UMC, the Rev. Young Je Kim, $800, children’s dramatic ministry for exploring gifts in ministry.
- Lenexa St. Paul’s UMC, the Rev. Lora Andrews and Luke Miltz, $1,000, internship.
- Nebraska Wesleyan University, the Rev. Eduardo Bousson, $1,930, small group for college students to explore ministry.
- Omaha St. Paul UMC, Benson, Marta Wheeler, $1,000, developing youth ministry with African congregations in church.
- Salina First UMC, the Rev. Scott Jagodzinzke and Theresa Forshee, $3,000, internships.
- Sedan UMC, Seulki Choi, $1,000, children’s music ministry exploring gifts in ministry.
- Southwestern College Institute for Discipleship, the Rev. Wendy Mohler-Seib, $1,995, exploring ministry in academic context.
- Springfield UMC, the Rev. Galen Wray, $1,000, communications internship.
- Sterling First UMC, the Rev. Jeff Darnauer, $1,300, internships.
- United Methodist Campus Ministry-Emporia State University, the Rev. Kurt Cooper, $1,000, small group for students to explore ministry.
- UM campus ministry at Washburn University, Jacob Martin, $1,408, small groups for college students exploring vocations.
- Wesley-KU, Rachel Griffard, $2,000, leadership retreat for students to explore gifts for ministry.
- Wichita Heart of Christ UMC, Ronda Kingwood, $2,000, retreat for young adults to explore call to ministry.