Openings for clergy positions of Hispanic/Latino congregations announced
The Great Plains Annual Conference announces openings for clergy positions of Hispanic/Latino congregations
Our vision is to reach a growing Hispanic/Latino population in the Great Plains Conference (Kansas and Nebraska) through a partnership in which the conference supports and equips vital congregations. We desire to be a "church for all the nations, where all can hear the mighty works of God in their own tongue" (Acts 2:8). We value; starting where vision is alive in the people, focusing our conversations to include learning, actionable next steps and accountability, developing creative partnerships that reach our changing mission field, discovering new funding models that are both culturally sensitive and sustainable and leading people to Jesus Christ … Keeping the main thing the main thing.
Qualifications for applicants:
- Passionate about reaching new people with the good news of Jesus Christ;
- Strong sense of call to this ministry;
- Experience in Hispanic multicultural ministry;
- Proven fruitfulness in strengthening and growing an existing congregation;
- Fluent in Spanish and English;
- Experience working cooperatively in a team setting;
- Be an innovator with passion toward fulfilling a shared vision;
- Ability to relate to people of diverse theological and generational perspectives;
- Well-grounded in the history and tradition of the United Methodist Church and committed to its doctrine and polity;
- A self-starter who also demonstrates ability to work in consultation with a district superintendent, conference Hispanic ministries staff and coach;
To apply, send a letter and the following information:
- Current resume
- Three professional references
- Your contact information
- If a clergy member of United Methodist Conference in the U.S. or an affiliated conference outside the U.S., is your bishop aware you are applying? Bishop's name?
- The name of your annual conference and your membership status.
- Immigration status: U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or type of visa.
Corey Daniel Godbey
Hispanic Ministries Coordinator
9440 E. Boston Suite 110
Wichita, KS 67207-3600
Interested applicants should note that the review of applications will begin Jan. 2, 2016
and continue until the appointments are made.