Regional Gatherings Following General Conference
Bishop Ruben Saenz Jr. invites United Methodists in Kansas and Nebraska to a series of regional gatherings to discuss together the connectional nature of The United Methodist Church and how the people of the Great Plains Conference can serve Christ together following the recent special session of General Conference.
These gatherings will provide a time for the singing of hymns, reflecting on scripture, and communion. Following a brief presentation by the bishop on what transpired at General Conference, attendees will take part in small-group community building conversations that focus on our possibilities for the future of our mission in the Great Plains Conference.
These gatherings are related to the special session of General Conference, but they will not be a time to make speeches or to seek to sway others to any particular position regarding human sexuality.
The schedule for regional gatherings is:
- March 9 — Salina First United Methodist Church, 122 N. 8th St., 2-4 p.m.
- March 23 — Columbus United Methodist Church Outreach Center, 3602 16th St., Columbus, Nebraska, 10 a.m. to noon. Postponed due to flooding response
- March 24 — Omaha St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church, 15050 W. Maple Road, 2-4 p.m. Postponed due to flooding response
- March 28 — Olathe Grace United Methodist Church, 11485 S. Ridgeview Road, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- March 31 — Garden City First United Methodist Church, 1106 N. Main St., 3-5 p.m.
- April 6 — Lawrence First United Methodist Church West Campus, 867 Highway 40, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- April 7 — Wichita First United Methodist Church, 330 N. Broadway, 2-4 p.m.
- April 13 — Manhattan First United Methodist Church, 612 Poyntz Ave., 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- April 27 — Grand Island Trinity United Methodist Church, 511 Elm St., 10 a.m. to noon.
- April 28 — North Platte First United Methodist Church, 1600 W. E St., 4-6 p.m.